Sunday 7 July 2013

OOTD: Cool Kids Don't Crochet

This weather is to die for! So nice to be able to get home after work and go for a stroll along the river in the evening sun. 

Shorts - H&M link HERE
Cropped T shirt - Forever 21 
Studded pumps - Topshop

These shorts make me go weak at the knees - their chunky crocheted goodness makes me feel all warm and fuzzy on the inside! I tried to get my hands on a similar pair that H&M brought out last year but they sold out like hot cakes and I just couldn't justify the hefty pricing on ebay. Obviously such a popular item they've reproduced them this year and I have to say I'm glad I waited!

The crochet on these shorts is a lot thicker than the previous year and I like the way that the lining is hotpant style and reveals an inch or so of bare leg under the wool. They also come in black and white this year and I have a feeling that the other ones were only in white. 

You need these in your life! 

The only thing that worries me about these shorts is the thickness of the wool, I'm not sure if it's just my personal perception but I think it makes you look a size or two bigger than normal. 

I don't think I'd feel comfortable wearing a t shirt tucked in with these as I think it would only enhance my gut and increase my big woolly waistline! Long crop tops like the one I'm wearing here are perfect with these as they allow you to flash a bit of midriff and prove that you're not a total pudding. 

How would you style these woolly beasts?

T x










No comments:

Post a Comment

LOOKBOOK